Block of Month 2017 Special Quilt Group Discount
Buy 12 months upfront $60USD (Quilt Group $10 DISCOUNT OFF RRP $70USD)
Down the Rabbit Hole Quilt
- EXCLUSIVE MONTHLY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS WITH PDF PATTERNS
- PRIVATE BOM FACEBOOK PAGE TO INTERACT WITH OTHER MEMBERS
- MONTHLY COLOR INSPIRATION AND HELP FROM SARAH
- TIPS AND TRICKS TO GUIDE YOU EACH MONTH
- FOR INTERMEDIATE LEVEL QUILTERS
- MAKE THE QUILT IN YOUR OWN COLORWAY
After the success of the 2016 BOM, Happy Days, I am so excited to introduce the 2017 quilt, Down the Rabbit Hole.
This classic, whimsical quilt will translate well to modern or traditional fabrics. There will be the option of rabbits, cats or floral motifs for the final border - I know that not everyone likes a bunny. :)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! THIS TEXT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WILL ANSWER A LOT OF YOUR QUESTIONS.
This subscription is for a 12 month BOM program, which consists of 12 monthly patterns, and 12 corresponding instructional videos.
After subscribing, on the LAST DAY of each month you will receive by email a PDF pattern including any printable templates that are needed for that month's portion of the quilt construction. The first month's pattern will be delivered January 31, 2017.
Participants are able to join in at any time throughout the year, and the patterns already released will be sent to you all at once. However if you join AFTER January 15 the option of paying month by month, and discount code for 2016 members will no longer be available.
On signing up for the BOM, about mid-December you will receive an email regarding the optional notions kit that will be available for the quilt. This is a one off posted kit available worldwide. There will be nothing else with postage attached to it for the BOM - there is NO fabric provided for this BOM. Notions kits will be posted mid-January.
The quilt is exclusive to BOM members until after the program finishes, at which time the full quilt pattern will be available for purchase retail, and for wholesale to shops, but the video instruction will remain exclusive to those within the program. The 2017 BOM is ONLY available through my website for the first year. It is NOT available through quilt shops or any other website until the program has ended.
Down the Rabbit Hole is a brand new original Sarah Fielke design and has not been seen anywhere else before. Quite obviously from looking at the sketch, it will not be able to be worked in the usual manner of a "Block of the Month" - i.e., you will not receive 12 blocks, one at a time. This quilt will be parcelled out in 12 packages over the year, working from the centre out in border order.
Also stating the obvious - this is a quilt that requires a fair amount of work to complete! However there will be people stitching at all different paces and abilities, and people joining up at all different times throughout the year, and there is no pressure to be at the same point as anyone else. Work at your own pace, and enjoy the process. It's the journey, grasshopper!
Benefits for BOM members include:
- Exclusive access to a private access blog, where video instruction will be embedded and viewed with a personal code. Instruction will be provided for each stage in the quilt, each month. The videos will remain in the blog for you to refer back to.
- The blog will be updated with posts not just on videos, but on design. I will be making the quilt a few months ahead of you, and my process, fabric selection and decision making process will be shared on the blog as I progress. Like a diary of my workings as I make sections of each stage of the quilt. Access to this will begin before the first part of the pattern arrives in January.
- PDF patterns and templates emailed each month.
- Access to a private Facebook page where you can interact with other BOM members, and with me.
- Opportunity for options to purchase the BOM month by month, the full 12 months all at once, or including a one off package containing templates, threads, EPP papers and applique equipment. You can build this package yourself according to your needs.
- Options for rabbit, cat or floral borders
- Advice on which border to stop at for different sized quilts, fabric choice and colour balancing
- This year I will be unable to make the quilt in three colour ways as I did for 2016 - I know everyone loved it but I have started writing another book and it just isn't possible. There's only one of me and I don't have stunt sewers! However for each different border or section of the quilt there will be extra projects and bonuses, for example a cushion using an applique motif or a pouch with a piece of patchwork, so that you can see the design worked up in different colours, contrasts and scales, and get some ideas for your own piecing. Patterns will be provided for these mini projects so you can whip some up yourself in your spare time :)
So what does the quilt look like? I've been dying to show you! Below is a SKETCH of the quilt we are going to make. I stress SKETCH because while this is not a mystery Block of the Month, neither will you see the finished quilt that I have made until the last month. The sketch is representative and not in any way accurate in size or scale, contrast or tone.
The quilt will contain the following techniques:
- Appliqué - which you are welcome to work by hand or machine as you see fit! I will provide detailed instruction for hand needleturn applique and links for tips on machine applique if you prefer.
- Curved piecing (only a small amount - nobody panic!)
- Piecing wedges
- Making perfect circles
- English paper piecing
- Traditional machine piecing
- Hand quilting instruction
- The quilt will finish at a large Queen size, however there will be advice on making the quilt smaller and changing the border size.
I hope you will all consider quilting along with me! The 2016 program was a fun, positive and fun experience for subscribers and I'm hoping you all enjoy this one!
MONTHLY INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS INCLUDED
FEEDBACK FROM BOM 2016